Thread Closed 
PO Gym Project
3rd April 2013, at 06:42:43 pm (This post was last modified: 2nd August 2013 at 12:41:58 am by Birdkeeper White.)
PO Gym Project
Pokemon Omega Gyms' Project

Looking at the name you may easily understand what this is about. I first gave this idea in the April of this year and I got a lot of positive comments but also suggestions. Now I put this in its final form and soon I'll start the applications for Gym Leader positions. Here you'll see how it'll work

Format

This will all be about lv100 battles. Even though I know there may be complaints about random player(mostly less experienced) about the level about this isn't pretended to be easy for everyone. Now I first thought of making a lot of sets of gyms but now I decided there'll only be a set with one gym per each type. Each Gym Leader will choose his/her own rules about number of total Pokemon and Overpowered Pokemon. Note that a gym leader can have from 2 to 6 Pokemon and the overpowered Pokemon shouldn't be more than the 33,3% of the team. At the beginning there will be taken applications for gym leader for each type. All the players that have sent a valid application will take part in a tournament (one tournament per each type). Later there will be made a tournament between gym leaders which will choose the Champion and the elite four members. Also gym leaders' job will be monitored and at the end of each week they'll have to report about all their battles. If a gym leader gets inactive another person will take its position so from time to time the gyms will change. Also once in 2 months elite four members will make a tournament between each other and the winner will battle the Champion.

About Challengers

Every person is free to battle each gym though when a player wins his first badge his other battles will start to be counted. Each player can battle each gym three times. If they loose three times in one gym they loose all their badges and have to start over. In total there'll be 12 gyms but to advance to the elite four a player will need only 10 badges. When the elite four challenge is taken the player will have to battle all the elite four members. The challenger is allowed to make only two looses. If this limit surpassed the challenger won't be able to challenge the elite four for 1 month. If the challenger fails at beating the elite four twice he/she looses his badges and has to start over.

Applications about gym leaders

The gym leaders of the following types have already been choosen: Bug, Dragon, Fighting, Flying, Ground, Poison, Rock, Steel and Water. As for the Fire, Normal and Ice gym leaders, they'll most probably be choosen soon. There are still needed gym leaders for: Grass, Dark, Ghost, Electric and Psychic. Here are the gym leaders choosen until now:
♦King♦ - Bug
Wesley.p - Dragon
loveryboy09 - Fighting
Popt2t - Fire (may change)
Andres2000 - Flying
Guydudeman - Ground
bluetree252 - Ice
UnownA - Normal
Birdkeeper White - Poison
AvaterJ - Rock
Drumbum14 - Steel
Seamantis - Water

If you have any questions you're welcome to ask. Note that this is still in a project phase and suggestions are appreciated. The release date of this should be the 15th of August though it may take more due to the work that's needed.
Find all posts by this user
3rd April 2013, at 06:46:58 pm
RE: PO Gym Project
Playermade Gyms would be cool.

I support this project.
Bleh, I know this banner looks odd. But deal with it. :3
[Image: 121zq0g.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
3rd April 2013, at 06:52:38 pm (This post was last modified: 3rd April 2013 at 10:20:45 pm by HyunJae.)
Support! Tongue I think the person who wins my event (Live tourney) should become the first champ Tongue
Edit: Nvm, i'm too lazy and people would PM me almost everyday =w=
[Image: Forhyun.png]
[Image: trainercard.php?p=Hyunjae]

[Image: support.png]
3rd April 2013, at 07:01:27 pm
Are you saying that all the gyms and elite four etc should be level 60 max.
3rd April 2013, at 07:04:49 pm
Level 60? That's kinda ridiculous, why not level 100?

Although I think you made that cap to be fair, which is nice..I don't think it stretches out to those that like to go "big".

I'm all about battling it out with level 100's, if someone was unable to put in the work to build a team to full potential, then that's on them.

I don't support this nor am I actually against it..give it a bit more tweaking here and there and I'll see where I stand with it later. Especially this level 60 only cap, might need to divide into two separate level groups.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
3rd April 2013, at 07:07:10 pm
(3rd April 2013 at 07:04:49 pm)Nomack Wrote:  Level 60? That's kinda ridiculous, why not level 100?

Although I think you made that cap to be fair, which is nice..I don't think it stretches out to those that like to go "big".

I'm all about battling it out with level 100's, if someone was unable to put in the work to build a team to full potential, then that's on them.

I don't support this nor am I actually against it..give it a bit more tweaking here and there and I'll see where I stand with it later. Especially this level 60 only cap, might need to divide into two separate level groups.

Exactly or the lower level gyms could be run by players with lower level pokemon in order to give everyone a chance to beat them but when you get higher up to the elite four and champion then surely it's gotta be level 100.
3rd April 2013, at 07:12:43 pm (This post was last modified: 23rd July 2013 at 01:41:19 pm by popt2t.)
*Changed Opinion*
[Image: 2lvmx5i.gif]
Back in black!
3rd April 2013, at 07:19:28 pm (This post was last modified: 3rd April 2013 at 07:19:44 pm by jackg123abc.)
(3rd April 2013 at 07:12:43 pm)popt2t Wrote:  How about one for below lv 50's and one above , kinda like the Bm.

I'm not much into player made gyms. To me they're just like finding legendary pokemons in the wild or being able to buy master balls.

Still , that's just my opinion. I won't say I disagree , but I don't agree either.

Sorry I don't see what you mean.

How is creating player made gyms for the fun of the community like being able to buy masterballs?
3rd April 2013, at 07:34:52 pm
IMO it would be dumb to have anything less than 100, because all of my pokemon that i battle with are 100 and i wouldnt be able to compete without lvl 100s
[Image: 2nqa8x.jpg]
★~Profile~★
3rd April 2013, at 07:51:26 pm (This post was last modified: 3rd April 2013 at 07:59:24 pm by Birdkeeper White.)
Yea, maybe a level cap rising of 10 from floor to floor would be a nice touch.
Hmmm.... either that or - kinda like in the battle subway - Pokemon of higher level are sent to level 60.
Thread Closed